Hallucinogens: LSD, Mescaline, Peyote, Mushrooms, and Others are usually taken orally. They create a wide variety of effects on the user, depending on the amount taken, where it is used, the expectations, and the personality of the user. One drug can affect a person differently each time it is used.
Some of the effects may include the following:
- Mood, time, and perception distortion
- Paranoia, panic and anxiety
- Nausea and vomiting
Some of the short- and long-term effects of hallucinogen use can be quite scary:
- Warning: Hallucinogen use can lead to violent behavior toward yourself and others.
- Warning: Hallucinogen use can have long lasting consequences such as: flash backs, emotional instability, and psychosis.
- Warning: LSD attaches to DNA and can give you another trip when you least expect one.