DID YOU KNOW?
- A hit of nicotine reaches the brain in seven seconds, twice as fast as a syringe of heroin injected into the vein.
- Nicotine affects your mood, ability to concentrate, and performance.
- Tolerance to nicotine begins with the first dose.
- Nicotine increases the heartbeat and the rate of breathing.
- Nicotine may act like a stimulant or a depressant depending on many factors.
Other facts you may not know
It is illegal in the State of South Dakota for persons under the age of 18 to possess, smoke, chew, or ingest tobacco products.