Trust your instincts. You know your son/daughter best. If you think something is going on, you’re probably right. Don’t ignore the problem. Take action. Talk to your child about your concerns. (Visit http://timetoact.drugfree.org for suggestions.) Find local resources for help, and get your child the help he/she needs.
- Call your school counselor (www.rcas.org)
- Call 211 to find local resources
- Connect with the Advisor in your school with Lifeways, Inc. (605) 716-6555
- Parent resources and classes - Contact Lifeways for more information (605) 716-6555
- Library of prevention and parenting materials - Youth & Family Services Prevention Resource Center (605) 342-1593
- Parenting section of the Rapid City Public Library - Many materials have been placed in the library by ASAP
For more local resources, visit our Resources page